Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ugh I'm in the Rat Race called 9to5 Hell

Soo I started my job today. Its cool so far its just really monotonous. I'm like a glorified secretary. I graduated from college, I dont want to just book appointments for my boss. A lot of the kids in the programme are cool and all are just here to travel. Some are spoiled brats and dont know how to compromise. I can tell this is going to be an interesting experience. Living in this flat is like I joined a sorority that I didnt want to pledge / like reliving my hs years with adults with bank accounts. Okay enough of the complaining.

The OFFICIAL American to UK Translation Dictionary
* Suspenders (like the steve urkel kind)= braces
* Sweaters=jumpers
* Doctors office= surgents
* French Fries= chips
* BS /Crap= rubbish
* Asian person= only someone from india, not chinese or korean, etc
* Supply closet (pencils, post its, staples) = store cupboard

* ATM= cash post
* Elevator= Lift

Its like we speak two different languages! lol

OOhh and Pickpocketing is ramped , soo ridiculous, a couple of the other programme participants have already gotten stuff stolen. I have to watch my purse like a hawk. wish i had one that zipped up *hint* *hint*

Okay thats it. I'll have pixs to upload sunday. look for them

2 comments:

  1. so what are other asians called? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh speaking of pickpocketing - there was an armed robbery at the 7-11 on knox last night. like 2 hours after I left the 7 11 in need of food after the bar.

    crazy stuff. don't get robbed..

    ReplyDelete