Monday, March 24, 2008

My first weekend AWAY






Pix 1= View from the horse when I was riding it
Pix 2= Club Havana with fellow interns (L to R: Me, Heather, Carmen, Sara, Antonette, Sean, Across our laps is Katie)
Pix 3= Me on Corbett
Pix 4= Exmouth-the coastline of England

For the Record- these places are 100x prettier than the pixs

Sooo a 4 day weekend (for easter) means I must travel somewhere. Hmm? Where did I go..Paris? no Milan? nope. oh why of course to the countryside. There were 8 of us total and we are all so very different. I'll give you a day by day play.

Friday: the bus ride took like 6 hrs when it was only suppose to take 4. we got lost walking the mile to the hostel so this nice English couple with a baby walked us there. We go to this club called Club Havana (1st pix). The shots here are like a forth of the size of American shot glasses. So suffice to say it takes an awful lot of shots to feel saucy. We then go to this club called Mambo (i think lol) and we are the only ones dancing on the hip hop floor. We stand out like a sore thumb, but we get shots on the house and the dj plays whatever songs we want for the whole night. HOttness. During a cigarette break (not mine) this guy starts rapping to me and my roomie and wouldnt stop for like 5 minutes. I wish i could have recorded him just so everyone could get a laugh for the day.

Saturday: We went horseriding. MMMmm so lets just say I'm not the most outdorsey chic. The view from the horse was beautiful we went up and down trails and through a stream. But that was my first and my LAST time riding a horse. They are way too temperamental and there is no way to make them listen, they have all the control. NO likey.

Sunday: We went to the coast to see the beach in Exmouth. We were enjoying a walk on the beach until it randomly starts pouring down rain and the sand starts swarming around us. Over the nxt couple of hrs we get caught in a few more rain showers and one really bad hail storm. England reminds me of Florida b/c of the sporadic rain showers.

A few things to note:
* I am going to lose so much weight here b/c we have to walk EVERYWHERE and the food here is god awful. I refer to this lifestyle change as the European diet.


* I dont quiet fit in here with a lot of the interns, they are a lot more reserved and I'm kind of spunky. But there is one roomie that I'm hitting it of with quiet well (haha dont i sound british). I'm hoping to meet more people that I connect with in the next couple of weeks.


* I like my job. I get to organize a lot of meetings and talk on the phone all day. I spend half my time on the phone spelling my name so people can call me back. H- A as in apple - F as in frank - EE- Z as in zebra- A as in apple- H. Everyone in my office can now spell my name, thats how much I had to spell it out. I start school starting April so look for updates on that.

If you miss me email or im me. gmail chat is my fav. okay toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment